Join a growing team of Community Health Workers at Family Life Education!
The Community Health Worker (CHW) position will support ongoing efforts to provide testing and resources for those who contract COVID-19, help individuals and families access low-cost healthcare services or insurance, communicate information about the inoculation process, and provide a resource guide on community services. You will also work with a team to organize summer evening “community conversation” health information sessions related to COVID-19 to residents of Hartford and surrounding towns in July and August.
What you will do:
– Implement community activities through a variety of mechanisms including in person and online platforms;
– Identify neighborhood associations, parent groups, and other community-based groups to collaborate with and engage healthcare professionals to jointly coordinate summer health information forums for inner city residents
– Communicate information on COVID-19 protocols, testing, inoculations, and care in a culturally sensitive manner to lower barriers and counter misperceptions
– Compile a resource guide on community resources for families with needs for food, financial assistance, ESL and citizenship, and education
– Establish and maintain positive relationships with potential and enrolled participants, visitors, and other employees;
– Perform other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for:
– an individual with a High School diploma or equivalent and at least one year of community-based outreach experience;
– excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
– ability to maintain professional boundaries in diverse public settings;
– professional or personal experience supporting individuals with challenging needs;
– a valid in-state driver’s license, current registration and adequate insurance, and a driving record with no more than 2 points within the last 3 years;
– ability to communicate in Spanish and English